We all know that losing weight is a touchy subject any day, especially at the beginning of the new year where different new year resolutions are being made about different diets and the desired ideal body weights. It doesn’t really matter if you want to shed just a few pounds or more, the bottom line is that you really want to know the quickest and easiest way to shed the unwanted pounds.
You might even go a step further to research the best ab workouts for women so that you can turn the fat loss into those sexy abs you see other ladies show off on TV. Oftentimes, weight loss in men gets confused with weight loss in women. It is important to know that there is no such thing as one size fits all. Thus, weight loss tips are different according to metabolism and gender.
Studies have shown that there’s a difference in the way women lose weight to men. This obviously should not come as a surprise. The woman’s anatomy is quite different and, the distribution of fat cells is different to that of men. Unlike in men, fat tends to be distributed around a woman’s thighs, arms, mid-waist, just to mention a few. In men, the fat tends to concentrate more on the belly area than other body parts. Despite these observations, we can assume the above findings don’t necessarily hold true for everyone. Why is this? Well, we all know that no one size fits all since everyone is different and unique in their bod.
Key factors that connect metabolism and quick weight loss:
Isn’t it funny how sometimes, the weight won’t just fall off despite eating healthy meals and even exercising daily? And only to find your best friend with whom you started the weight loss marathon is shedding the weights off just like a butter melting on a sunny day! Have you ever wondered why this “unfair” game of life is happening to you?
This is most likely the culprit. It is defined as the way by which your body turns what you eat and drink into an energy form. The rate of metabolism can vary from one person to the other. For instance, men are generally known to be able to easily lose weight a lot faster than women due to the higher percentage of muscle mass found in men.
I know it seems unfair but the truth of the matter is- That’s the way it is. Your metabolism is directly connected to your calorie intake and how fast or slow the rate is, would determine how quickly you burn those calories.
Did you know that men generally have less body fat than women? Studies have shown this to be true. Of course, this should not come as a surprise to you. What man do you know that is not focused on learning about ab workouts for men? None.
The simple reason for this is the fact that it’s easier and faster to lose the weight when you have more muscles and less fat.
You’ve probably heard of the terms “big boned” and “small boned”. It has been shown that a fast metabolism is exhibited by big boned people, and they also burn more even while they’re sleeping.
I guess it’s no news that metabolism slows down with age. As you grow older, your metabolism also decreases. This is largely due to the various changes that take place in the body system and body structure.
Ultimate, your goal is to lose the weight and keep it off. Taking shortcuts by indulging in yo-yo diets and fad diets is not a very wise thing to do. These quick fixes are very short-term and the weight normally comes back on.
These shortcut diets are also generally unhealthy as they don’t follow the typical healthy lifestyle habits and guidelines that involve a lot more than the food and calorie intake. There is also a tendency for the quick fixes to cause the body to go into a preservation mode because of lack of adequate calorie intake. This causes the body to conserve any food eaten because of the fear of starvation to the body.
Be careful not to fall for diets that claim they have the ultimate solution for every type of weight loss. No such diet exists because of the diverseness of factors including genetic makeup, body structures, metabolism rates, and the list goes on.
Also, remember that a healthy weight loss shows consistency and does not happen overnight.
4 Food Habits for a Successful Weight Loss
We’ve all been there,that tempting feeling that envelops you when you stand to eye those tempting foods and snacks positioned strategically at the grocery stores so it grabs your attention. Wondering why grocery stores would put those fattening, unhealthy foods at eye level? We guess it is because they don’t want me to miss it! It is a known fact that bad decisions are usually made when we are tired or feeling low. What we are experiencing and how we feel at any point in time can profoundly influence our food choices.
Before you embark on losing weight, the first thing to do is change your mindset and plan to have a successful weight loss result.
With the right mindset, it will be a lot easier to get rid of junk foods and not feel bad. You don’t have to deny yourself all the unhealthy foods all at once, as what that creates is an unhealthy craving that might possibly put you back to square one.
Size of your Plate
Do you know how to control the portion of your plate? If you don’t, then you might want to start by measuring out your portions. The size of the food we consume can be easily overlooked and underestimated, especially when under undue stress.
A good question to ask yourself is “Do I eat because I’m hungry or is it just to relieve my worry?” If you eat just to console yourself, it’s probably time to take up a hobby that you enjoy. This could be something as simple as taking a stroll in the park or even meditating on inspiring and life infusing sermons.
Healthy Lifestyle Habits
A healthy lifestyle habit should be part of any weight loss eating plan. These habits should not only be used at home but everywhere you go. It is important to cultivate the habit of knowing when to say “no” without feeling guilty.
The thought of attending a social function doesn’t have to be a torture because of the fear of being labeled an “anti-social” just because you might say no to an assorted tempting delicatessen or the guilt that clouds your joy because you gave in to a tempting piece of chocolate cake. A very important reminder is never to feel condemned for making a choice and sticking with it, especially when temptation is all around and can’t be avoided.
One of the best things to do is be proactive in planning ahead to figure out what you’re going to do to eat healthy when it’s not feasible to get a home-cooked meal.
Do You Have a quick Weight Loss Plan in Place?
Having a practical weight loss plan that is ideal for you is a great way to starting your weight loss journey. This plan would help you have an idea of your progress as you go along. It helps you track your goals and fine tune it as necessary to accommodate your daily schedule.
There are quite a lot of great advice available on the internet if you search long enough. Be sure to do your due diligence when choosing the best weight loss plan ideal for you. The last thing you want is to end up giving up in the middle of a plan because it is not working for you. Be prepared to accept that you are different from the next person on the same weight loss journey with you. Because weight loss plan A works for your friend does not mean it will work for you.
The key to achieving success in any weight loss plan is to keep it simple. Do not overthink the process of losing weight. You want to make it as enjoyable for you as possible. It can be as simple as watching what you eat, eating healthy, eating fewer portions and adding a workout routine practical for you. There are a plethora of resources for weight loss diet plans available both online and offline to choose from. Some, of course, are more structured than others. The key is to get the one you believe would work with your schedule and go for it, making sure you enjoy the journey. Remember, you don’t have to join a fancy diet plan if you can make your own.
As mentioned earlier, a successful weight loss diet plan would include a great workout routine, in addition to healthy eating and the portion you eat.
Workout Routines to Help You Lose Weight-
- Just as the term “workout routine” can send euphoria to some women, it can equally bring out fear and resentment in others. Why this is the case, I guess, remains a mystery.
- Workout routines are meant to be fun and stimulating. A great workout routine should boost your energy, and not zap it. Workout routines don’t have to be boring. You can customize your weight loss exercise to suit your own needs.
- Try as much as possible to introduce different types and styles into your workout routines as often as you want, so it doesn’t become repetitive.
- The best thing about a great workout regimen is that you don’t even have to step into the gym to lose the weight. You should be able to do it right in the comfort of your home or office.
- There are now many effective products like workout DVDs on the market that make working out at home fun, effective and exciting. With the advent of new technology, you can now download workout routines mobile apps from the apps store.
- As discussed earlier, the key to a great workout is to keep it fresh and dynamic. You can add other various physical activities like Zumba, walking, jump roping, hiking, bike riding, dancing and any fun activity that gets the heart pumping.
- Riding a bicycle can help you lose weight, as well as tone your muscles.
- Dancing is another form of fun workout that you can do almost anywhere.
The point is simple.. if you can choose and make your workout routines something that you look forward to, you stand a better chance of continuing with it to get the result you desire.
Tools That Can Help with Weight Loss in Women-
You don’t need expensive tools when starting out on your weight loss journey. Basic tools like a daily or weekly journal to keep track of your eating plan and workout routines, so you can record and track your weight loss progress as you go along.
- Your weight measurements would often be the first noticeable proof that you’ve lost weight. Tracking and keeping records make you accountable and are also a great motivator that encourages you to keep going and not give up.
- There are quite a few essential oils that can help with achieving your weight loss goals. They include lavender or patchouli. These essential oils are known to soothe the anxious feelings that can trigger an emotional eating response.
- If you are into meditation, there are various meditation CDs or DVDs that teaches how to deal with excessive eating due to emotional distress. You can get these online or from a local library. Remember, you can also get mobile apps download for workout routines.
- If you can afford one, invest in a great home exercise equipment. This will save you a ton of money from gym memberships, allowing you to work out in the privacy of your own home.
- Perhaps, you are into video games! You can research local indoor cycles with pre-programmed workouts. And if you can afford one, there are workout bikes that come fully loaded with video games. These are bound to keep your heart pumping while helping you shed those pounds. I like to call it a “win- win” workout.
No matter the equipment you choose to purchase, bear in mind that there would most likely be different versions to choose from. Do your due diligence and check out each one’s benefits and limitations. Check the product reviews, if they have any. Choose the one you believe is the most suitable, practical and affordable for you.
Happy weight loss, my friend.