How to apply eyeshadow is one of the most asked questions for make-ups! Eye makeup is the most vital aspect of face makeup. It can either take your makeup to next level or it can break it down and things can go wrong horribly. Applying eyeshadow is very important for eye makeup but you must know how to apply eyeshadow. If you are a beginner who wants to get ready for a party, then this article for you. This is a foolproof guide of applying eyeshadow in a right way.
Steps for applying eyeshadow
- You will need a moisturizer, eye cream, eye primer, eye shadows, eye makeup brushes before starting the process. Firstly, you have to clean the area around the eyes. Once it is cleaned you have to apply moisturizer or an eye cream on it.
- Further, you have to prep the eye area with an eye primer so that the makeup stays for a longer time and provide a seamless finish. If you have a concealer which matches your skin tone, then you can even use that around your eyes. Before understanding how to put on the eyeshadow you must apply the concealer properly with a brush and seal it with a translucent powder.
- Once you have used the concealer you will find that the eye area looks even and crease proof and if there was any discoloration of the skin that is concealed. Eye area consists of eyelid, crease and brow bone so you must know the shade and texture to use on each of these areas. You can use frost or shimmer or shine on eyelid and brow bone whereas you should use matte finish textures on the crease.
- Few vital eyeshadow ideas are mentioned in this article one among them is that you should use darker shades of eyeshadows to contour the eyes at the crease and you have to use lighter shades at the center of the eyelids to make the eyes pop. You can start applying the color on the eyelid with a flat eyeshadow brush. You have to apply it in sweeping or patting motion. If there is less lid space, then you can use gold eyeshadow for making the eyelid more prominent.
- You have to start applying it from the center and then sweep it towards both inner and outer corners. You must apply the color evenly on the lid and deposit more for intensity. Now, comes the crease area. Here you have to use a darker shade of eyeshadow for defining the eye shape.
- On the crease area, you can use shades like deep browns, black, deep grey. In this case, you have to start applying from the outer corner and make a ‘V’ and blend it through the eyelid. You should always highlight the brow bone using lighter shades.
After applying eyeshadow if you want to know how to make eyeshadow last longer then you must follow these tips:
- You should always invest in good eye primer as it makes the eyeshadow stay longer.
- The eyeliner must be waterproof for preventing a transfer of the product.
- You must set the eyeshadow using a powder base if you are using a cream eyeshadow.
- You should first finish the eye makeup and then move towards base makeup.
- In order to define crease area, you must use a pencil brush and then blend it.
- You should choose the eyeshadow design that works best for you.
- Try to apply the eye makeup with your eyes open so that crease color is visible.
- You should conceal the under eyes after completing the eye makeup.
Overall, after going through this guide and tips mentioned here it is for sure that now you know the correct way of applying eyeshadow.