Lemongrass oil comes from the grass ancestors and is ultimately turned into oil, loaded with vicarious benefits for our skin, hair and health, Lemongrass is also known as Cymbopogon. The lemongrass is basically a combination of 55 different genera of grasses. The places where lemongrass grows are mostly warm such as Oceania, Southeast Asia and India. Known for its paramount and superior medicinal benefits lemongrass is commonly utilized and exploited as a medicinal herb. Countries like South America and Africa use lemongrass for making tea.
Lemongrass Oil: Uses and Benefits
The origin of lemongrass oil starts from collecting the extract or oil from the one and only lemongrass plant. The grasses and leaves of lemongrass have the beneficial oil in it which is way calming than any other oil. The amusing qualities of lemongrass oil will literally blow your mind like anything. The Cymbopogon Citratus and Cymbopogon Flexuosus are the only plants which are used to extract the pure oil.
Loaded with tons of vitamins such as Vitamin B1, B2, B3, B5, B6 and Vitamin A, the lemongrass essential oil is very beneficial for your skin and hair as well. The further article has all the answers to your questions regarding the lemongrass oil, its uses, and benefits, benefits for skin and hair and much more interesting stuff.
Lemongrass Essential Oil Benefits:
1. Impeccable for your Hair
Hair is the beauty of a woman. To avoid those bad hair days and make your hairs strong, lemongrass essential oil is the one. Not only does it fortifies and intensifies your hair follicles but it also helps in reducing dandruff and killing the bacteria on the scalp if any. The shine and gloss in the hair will definitely get observed by people once you start using lemongrass essential oil with your shampoo.
2. Deodorization and Sanitation Properties
People might be wondering how an oil can be useful in sanitizing your home or helping you with those deodorizers. Well, it is true. Lemongrass essential oil is a perfect pick for those times when you want a refreshing and soothing smell in your house.
- Just mix this oil with water in a mug and clean your property with the formula. The pacifying and hypnotic aroma of lemongrass oil will tranquil and cool your mind.
3. Decreases stress and anxiety
The audience who are not aware of lemongrass oil might be thinking what is lemongrass oil good for? Well, to their kind knowledge here is the perfect answer. Studies have published that lemongrass essential oil is said to reduce depression, anxiety and stress to a great extent. People who are short-tempered and face difficulties due to depression and fretfulness are experiencing relief by smelling its aroma.
- Massage oil can be prepared by mixing a few drops of lemongrass oil to your normal massaging oil. To get the ultimate benefits of lemongrass oil, mix a few drops in your body lotion (not face) and use it every day.
4. Scuffles with those Period Cramps
How can one even imagine that it can be used to cure and reduce cramps during periods? But, now is the time when people especially women should know that lemongrass tea is a flabbergast ingredient for reducing and relieving you from cramps. It is a natural stress reducer and is said to be very calming and soothing for pain.
Lemongrass Oil for Skin
There were with some amazing and useful benefits of lemongrass essential oil. But, is this the end? Well not actually. The major benefits of this oil lie for your skin. Here are some proven lemongrass oil benefits for
1. Controls the Extra Oil in the skin
There are times when oil just cannot control itself on our skin. It just flows like butter and looks really vile and grotesque. Due to extreme oiliness on the face, pimples and acne also appear and make a decisive place in your face. To control the oil production on your face, it is perfect. It is basically a natural and organic astringent which helps in controlling the oil production in our skin.
2. Fight with those Nasty infections
Are infections bothering you and your image way too much? Well, dealing with all those bacterial and fungal infections is not a headache anymore. Lemongrass essential oil is always present to deal with your infections. The anti-fungal properties of this oil help a lot in dealing with nail fungus and other infections. The oil is a perfect pick for all the ladies out there.
3. Diminishes the Puffiness
Puffy skin definitely looks swollen and makes you look weak and dull. To reduce and diminish the puffiness in the
4. Get the Glowing skin
Acne and pimples are one of those problems which have millions of solutions but it does not work for everyone. However, lemongrass essential oil plays a vital role
5. Say no to Open Pores
Are you one of them who suffer from the problem of open pores? Do you have large and wide open pores on your cheeks which attract dirt and dust? Well, the game of open pores is now over. This magical oil is a blessing for your skin as it helps in diminishing the large open pores and makes your skin look firm. It has an uplifting property which helps in lifting the flowing and saggy skin and makes it firm.
6. Remedy for Blackheads/Whiteheads
The torture that blackheads and whiteheads provide us is really out of the zone. One can just not bear the way they come and go like a magic wand. But, the struggle is now over. Blackheads and whiteheads have now no place on your skin because the effective remedies are now on the way. So, this is a perfect pick for dissolving those blackheads and whiteheads. The natural yet effective remedy is going to do wonders on your skin.
Lemongrass Oil for Hair
While discovering all the beauty and skin benefits, we overlooked the lemongrass oil benefits for hair. Yes, hair! Protecting your hair from dirt and dust is very important.
It is because today’s environment is going to make your hair damn frizzy if your hair does not get the pamper session they deserve. So, one must always identify the vivacious benefits of this oil for hair.
- Not only does it help in reducing dandruff from your scalp, but it is also helpful in making your hairs look shiny and silky.
- The glossy look that it provides to your hair is ultimate and mind-blowing. Dry and frizzy hair can be treated with this oil.
- To make your hairs look shiny and glossy pour 3-4 drops of lemongrass essential oil in your regular shampoo along with few drops of water. This will not only dilute the oil but will also cleanse the hair nicely.
- For making your hair dandruff free you can mix a few drops of lemongrass oil with coconut oil, almond oil and olive oil. This will not only reduce and eliminate dandruff from the scalp but will also make the hair smooth and shiny.
How to Use lemongrass Oil?
Since, we listed the lemongrass oil uses. we must know how to actually use it for good. There are so many ways to use it for skin and hair. Here are some simple DIY’s which are very effective and useful.
• An anti-acne face pack can be prepared. Just pour 2-3 drops of lemongrass essential oil in Multani Mitti and rose water. The natural and bona fide face pack is mind-blowing for treating acne.
• A facial and natural toner can also be prepared for toning the skin. In a spray bottle pour some distilled water with3-4 drops of lemongrass essential oil and 4-5 tsp of rose water. People who have dry skin can use glycerine as well in the mixture. Now shake the spray bottle and spray it on the clean face.
• Using lemongrass essential oil as a natural deodorizer is one of the best things you can do to yourself. Pour 2-3 drops oflemongrass essential oil in your body lotion and mix it thoroughly. Now use it on your entire body and it will give you an amazing aroma.
• Make your own scrub. To make a scrub out of it just pour 2-3 drops of oil in oatmeal and honey. Mix the concoction and make a scrub out of it. Scrub the mixture on your face for 2-3 minutes and wash it thoroughly.
Where to buy it?
It ss available at every online store or the other. The best face pack Nykaa and Purplle.com. These websites have a variety of brands and it becomes very easy to choose the best by just observing customer reviews.