Mothers know best for baby, but you might wonder what one should have been a first-time mom.
Choosing the right product for each new mom should make her feel as comfortable as possible during and after pregnancy. It is essential for moms to be happy because a happy mommy makes a happy baby.
6 Important Mother Care Products
Here are top 10 products that each new mother can use to respond to the challenge of becoming a parent for the first time.
1. Nursing Pillow
If you are breastfeeding your baby for the first time, you might have noticed how challenging it is. But, when you feel uncomfortable, you should know that it affects your routine to breastfeed your baby.
One of the essentials for new moms is a nursing pillow. You can just imagine how hard it is to breastfeed a newborn baby, so a nursing pillow can help you rest your arms and upper back.
- It doesn’t require any support or props like an additional pillow or even blankets
- Has nice wide sides with a ridge on the edge helping the baby stay on the pillow
- Fits perfectly across the lap when sitting on a nursery chair
- The clips won’t it the cord well
- Overly large slots that you would use to run the cord through the clip
2. Breast Cups
The moment you begin to breastfeed, you will encounter many breast-related accessories that you might haven’t been familiar yet. Just like the breast cups, which you can use to avoid sore breasts.
The great thing about breast cups is that you can stick it easily in your bra. You should use it on the way to the hospital to make latching a bit easier for first-time moms.
- Save every drop of milk by wearing this inside your bra
- Discreet, soft, and comfortable
- It can protect cracked nipples.
- Reusable and easy to clean
- Can be used when breastfeeding or pumping
- Would work best if the design had a flattering fit
3. Support Belt
After giving birth, the core strength can easily deteriorate, but wearing a support belt should decrease the discomfort and avoid injuries. However, it can only be a temporary fix, which doesn’t heal the dysfunction or underlying condition.
It allows an easy and comfortable way to do daily activities, particularly during pregnancy. It can also be used when doing prenatal exercise, as it has a positive impact on health.
- Helps pregnant women engage in daily routines easily
- Offers external cues to the body as it facilitates proper posture
- Provides gentle compression during activities
- Helps in decreasing your pain
- Can also be worn for support after pregnancy
- Just a temporary fix
- Increases weakness of the muscles underneath
- It may cause negative effects on the blood pressure
4. Nursing Bras
When you are a breastfeeding mother, you wish you had a way to make it more comfortable for you and your baby. That’s why it is important to choose the right nursing bra to suit your needs.
If you select a seamless nursing bra, you can rest assured that feeding your baby should never be a mess. This is because you can make breastfeeding even more convenient, as it offers gentle, stretchable support whenever you need it.
- Gives support for your chest to prevent sagging
- Protects the nipples from pain and scratching when breastfeeding
- Reduces the incidence of mastitis
- May not fit perfectly on both cups and bands based on your cup size
5. Compression Stockings
Did you know that the growing uterus and the hormones have an impact on women during pregnancy? Well, 30% of women who are pregnant for the first time would develop varicose veins, while 55% of them already had 2 or more full-term pregnancies.
In fact, spider veins and varicose veins would get worse, becoming painful, warm, and purple color. For this reason, compression stockings would be effective in preventing swelling or edema.
- Reduces edema, swelling, pain, and varicose veins
- Alleviates leg pain and heaviness
- Reduces pressure at the ankles
- Swelling of the toes and knees
- Overly tight fit
6. Postpartum Girdle
Girdles used in postpartum care and pregnancy have often been under controversies. But, there are quite a number of reasons why every first-time moms out there should use a postpartum girdle.
- Helps in getting moms active after giving birth
- Provides relief of lower back and muscle pain
- Aids in the recovery from a C-section birth
- For some people, they consider this uncomfortable to wear