Obesity is one of the biggest concerns of the world in today’s time. Maintaining health has become a necessity, and people are opting for many different measures to lose weight and become healthier. Yoga is one of the best exercise types that can be taken up to lose weight. There are numerous types of easy yoga for weight loss. The yoga poses of weight loss might differ according to a person’s fitness level. Yoga and weight loss have been connected to each other for ages and yoga do not only aids weight loss but also brings peace and calm to a person’s life.
What is Easy Yoga for Weight Loss?
Yoga is a type of exercise technique that consists of multiple asana or moves which help the person improve flexibility and improve their overall health. Yoga is a total workout for the mind and the body. Although yoga and weight loss go hand in hand, performing yoga can also relieve mental disorders such as stress, anxiety, and depression. The yoga weight loss is permanent, and if you practice it regularly, it improves the overall quality of your life. Yoga is an ancient art and has been practiced for generations. This is the reason that there are only benefits and no side effects of yoga doe weight loss.
Types of Yoga for Slimming-Types
There are mainly eight types of yoga types. Each of these types has their asana and strategies to perform. If you incorporate different types of yoga into your daily routine, it can be beneficial for your health. Here are the types:
- Vinyasa Yoga for Weight Loss
- Hatha Yoga for Weight Loss
- Power Yoga For Weight Loss
- Iyengar Yoga For Weight Loss
- Hot Yoga For Weight Loss
- Kundalini Yoga For Weight Loss
- Bikram Yoga For Weight Loss
- Ashtanga Yoga For Weight Loss
7 Yoga Poses for Weight Loss
Now let’s come to the actual question. How to lose weight with yoga? Weight loss with yoga can be made by performing numerous asana depending on your fitness level. Select the best yoga for weight loss that suits you and starts performing the asana regularly to see the results. You can even pick two or more best yoga for weight loss types and mix the workouts like it’s done in the power yoga for weight loss. Here is some of the simple yoga for weight loss asana that can be performed by even the beginners.
1. Downward Dog Yoga Exercise For Weight Loss
The downward dog pose is a simple yoga for weight loss. This is one of the basic steps in the yoga exercises and can be performed even by the beginners. Downward dog or the Adho Mukha Svanasana is a total body workout that helps tones arms, legs, and even your stomach. The steps to perform this pose are:
- Sit down on a yoga mat and come on all fours. Make a table with your back.
- Take a deep breath inside and lift up your hips. Your hands and knees should be completely straight, forming a v with your body.
- Your hands should be shoulder width apart, and the legs should be hip-width
- Not try to hold this pose by stretching your legs and hands to stay as straight as possible. Your body should make an inverted V shape.
- Take deep breadth of the time you hold this asana and then bend the knee and come back to the table pose.
2. The Bridge Yoga Asanas For Weight Loss
The bridge is another asana for weight loss. It mainly works on gluts and improves the flexibility of a person. This asana might require a lot of practice to accomplish. The steps to perform the bridge are:
- Lie down on your back with both your hands resting on either side of your body.
- Take a deep breath and exhale while lifting up your body from the ground.
- Pick up your chest and back. Your shoulders and the feet should be on the ground.
- You will look like an inverted table top.
- Try and hold this pose for 30 seconds in the beginning and slowly move to one minute.
- After 30 seconds, relax and come back to the laying down on the floor. Repeat this exercise 3-4 times.
3. The Bow or Dhanurasana Yoga Asanas For Weight Loss
The bow or the Dhanurasana pose is another great pose for weight loss. It is best to burn belly fat and increases flexibility. It is also known to improve digestion and strengthen the abdomen and chest muscles. The steps for this pose are:
- Lay on your stomach.
- Stretch out your hands and legs.
- Now using your core strength, pick up your chest and legs.
- You have to hold your ankle with your hands.
- The only body part that should be touching the floor should be your abdomen.
- Repeat this pose three to four times and then relax and get back on your stomach.
4. Surya Namaskara or Sun Salutation Yoga Exercise For Weight Loss
Surya Namaskar or the Sun Salutation is the perfect exercise for weight loss. This is a holistic workout that is divided into different steps. This exercise works on almost all major muscle groups in the body. The steps are as follows:
- Stands with your feet shoulder width apart and raise your hands over your head.
- Now bend over and touch the tip of your foot with your hands.
- Bend down and come to the equestrian pose with one leg pushed as far as possible to the back and the knee is touching the chest.
- Put both your feet backward and come to the plank pose.
- Now lie on the ground and perform the cobra pose.
- From here you need to repeat all the steps in an inverse order till you stand up on your feet.
- Repeat it for 10-20 times per day.
5. Warrior III Or the Virabhadrasana C Yoga Pose
Warrior III is a very easy asana that tones and strengthens the back and legs. The steps for this asana are:
- Stand on both your legs and lift your hands above your head.
- Lift one leg in the air.
- Your upper body should be perpendicular to the leg that is resting on the ground.
- Hold this pose for as long as possible and try it with the next leg.
6. Lunge or Anjaneyasana Yoga Pose
A lunge is a great exercise to lose belly fat and also to work on the thigh muscles. The steps to perform a lunge are:
- Stand with both your legs shoulder-width
- Take one foot forward and bend forward.
- Your bent leg should be perpendicular to the floor.
- Now straighten up and repeat it with the other hand.
7. Crow Pose or Bakasana Yoga For Slimming
The crow pose is one of the most difficult yoga poses and needs a lot of practice to master. This pose helps burn lots of calories and strengthens the arms and core. The steps for this pose are:
- Start with a low squat and put your hands on the yoga mat.
- Spread your knees wider than your arms and bring them closer to your elbow.
- Now place the knee on the top of the edge of the upper arm and try to place all your body weight on it.
- You need to straighten your arms and both your legs should be resting on them.
These are some of the yoga poses that you can practice to lose some weight and have a healthy body as well as the mind. Also, get learn about 7 healthy and easy weight loss tips.
Edward Jacob is an aspiring content writer and a well-known health blogger living in United State, His article about Avocado Oil: 9 Surprising Health Benefits is a hit in Health Domain.